Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) is a method of assessing your Body Composition. Body Composition is the percent body fat measured by using a Bioelectric Impedance Analysis (BIA) technique in relation to lean body mass. When there is a normal balance of body fat it is associated with good health and longevity. BIA calculates your tissue and fuild compartments. The results of the BIA can help us recommend a personalized dietary plan, nutritional supplements, and exercise to help you support optimal health.
The Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) uses electrodes to take the measurements. The electrodes pass a harmless, ultra-low level of electrical current through the body. Resistance to the flow of electrical current measured by the analyzer is then used to calculate the body composition of the patient.
Follow these guidelines for the most accurate results:
- Do not eat for 4 hours prior to testing.
- Do not exercise for 12 hours prior to testing.
- Do not consume alcohol for 24 hours prior to testing.
- Drink at least 1 quart of water one hour before your test.
- Do not drink caffeine the day of your test.
- Do not wear pantyhose.
CBS BIA Testing Video
More info on Bioelectrial Impedance Analysis: RJL Systems